Saturday, February 5, 2011

Attention newlyweds(or not-so new):


I'm really curious to find out how newly married couples are displaying their wedding photos and memories.
I hate the thought of paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for beautiful pictures that are just going to tucked away in an album!
Some people have told me that they think it is tacky to display wedding photos throughout your house. I couldn't believe it! It's your home and it should be decorated to please your husband and you! No one else!

So tell me...
Do you have a wedding shrine?
Have you arranged your photographs in a clever way?
Is there giant blown up photo of you and your hubby hanging above your fireplace?
Have you gone the subtle route and only framed one or two small pictures?
What have you done with all of the pretty cards you received?
Did you save and display your save-the-dates or invitations?
Did you preserve your wedding bouquet?
Are your photos designated to one room or scattered throughout your home?

Please share with me what you have done in your own home!...or what you plan to do!

1 comment:

  1. You've been to my house, BUT if you haven't noticed we do have a wedding shrine!

    I arranged my photographs in small black frames and put them on a plate holder.

    There is a giant blown up photo of me and my hubby hanging in our bedroom.

    We have NOT gone the subtle route and only framed one or two small pictures, rather we have 2 or 3 pictures in each room :)

    I saved all of the pretty cards we received in our card bag, but a collage would be fun!

    I saved my save-the-dates and invitations in my wedding album.

    I did NOT preserve your wedding bouquet, but I did dry the flowers and save them.

    Our photos are scattered throughout our home.


    AND I know friends who have their signed framed photo in their living room (by their fireplace) I also know of others who kept their photos in just their bedroom. My sister has a "shrine" with freeze dried bouquet and invitation and her shoe in a large memory box frame.

    DO WHAT YOU WANT. IT'S YOUR HOUSE, AND YOUR DAY REMEMBER IT AS MUCH AS YOU'D LIKE AND HANG THE MEMORIES YOU LOVE.

    IT IS NOT TACKY!!

    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete